Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

How Much Is It Worth?


My school had art classes, with acronym as SUPW (Socially Useful Productive Work). Back then, we could not even understand the meaning of it, except that it stands for craft class. Craft was always my favorite thing to do and I learned Knitting at school and from my mom.

Later on, I learned Crochet from one of my friends and through online free tutorials. This Fall, I crocheted a shrug for my daughter. And here the finished product.


If you ponder on the finished shrug about what is it worth after all...

2 balls of yarn : 8 USD
1 Pair of needles: 6 USD
Hours spent making it: Not counted

Proud smile on your daughter after wearing it : Priceless.

I love those Master Card Ads :). Anyways, the point is why people are still spending time making these as a hobby when they could buy at store for less money and effort? Because they love the art  and the satisfaction they get by doing it is priceless.  And it is an exercise to your mind and hands as it involves - patterns, sequence and logical thinking which we are thriving to teach our kids today.


No comments:

Post a Comment